Rob Parker , MS CSCS
NECC Coordinator of the Wellness & Fitness Center and Sport & Leisure Studies
Rob Parker, the Fitness Program Coordinator for the Physical Education, Fitness & Recreation Program, graduated with a MS degree from Springfield College and maintains the following certifications:
- National Strength & Conditioning Association Certified
- Strength & Conditioning Specialist
- Personal Trainer
- American Lung Association Smoking Cessation Facilitator
- American Red Cross First Aid, CPR and AED Instructor
|Rob Parker Program Coordinatoremail@example.com
|Adele Rose Voltafirstname.lastname@example.org
Office Hours – Haverhill Campus, Rm D-137B
Please call 978-556-3823 to schedule an appointment.
Debbie Beal has served on the faculty in the Department of Sport, Fitness and Leisure Studies at NECC since 1992. She teaches Foundations of Health & Fitness, Fundamentals of Personal Training, Cardiovascular Testing & Prescription, Weight Training, and Walking for Fitness. She has also been a dance instructor for the past 20 years and is a member of the Dance Teachers Club of Boston.
Her certifications include:
- Certified Personal Trainer through the American Council on Exercise (ACE) and the National Exercise Instructor Training Association (NEITA)
- Certified Group Fitness Instructor through NEITA
- Certified in Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) and Automated External Defibrillator
Doreen Brothers teaches aerobics at NECC. She is also a specialist in Senior Fitness, Healthy Eating, weight loss and wellness programs. Read more about Doreen here.
Her certifications include:
- Certified Personal Trainer via the National Strength & Conditioning Association
- Certified Exercise Instructor via the American Council on Exercise
George Medelinskas has practiced yoga since 1970 and has been a certified yoga instructor since 1983. He has a background in elementary education, having taught for seven years, as well as a 24 year history of teaching at the community college level, where he’s taught computer science. He has also published a paper on “Mindfulness and Teaching.”
- Certified Yoga Teacher
Janet Nicolaisen has taught First Aid at NECC since 1992. She became an EMT in 1986 and a CPR Instructor and Firefighter in 1988. In 1994, she passed the Massachusetts State Boards as an EMT-Intermediate. Currently, she works as a Communications Coordinator for the Amesbury Police Department.
- CPR Instructor
- National Safety Council First Aid Instructor
- Emergency Medical Dispatch Instructor for the National Emergency Communications Institute
- Association for Public Safety communications Officials (APCO) Basic Telecommunicator Instructor
- Massachusetts Criminal Justice Training Council First Responder Instructor
Adele Rose Volta has been a yoga instructor at NECC since 2001. She received her degree in Philosophy and Mathematics from Wellesley College and has attended Harvard University’s Graduate School in Philosophy. She is a graduate of the Myotone Institute of Muscle Therapy as well as the Fidel Holistic Center’s Breath Facilitation School in Montana.
Adele is a trained dancer who has been practicing yoga for the past 35 years. She was trained as a yoga instructor at The Newburyport Center for Yoga & health and taught there for four years before joining the faculty at NECC.