Dental Assisting Certificate
Job opportunities for Dental Assistants are excellent and expected to continue to grow. Dental Assistants work closely with dentists, dental hygienists, and the public. If you are responsible, have good interpersonal skills, and have good manual dexterity, a career as a dental assistant may be for you.
At NECC, the Dental Assisting Certificate will provide you with knowledge and practical skills required to work as an entry-level dental assistant. Throughout the program you will be participating in classroom study, laboratory practice, and clinical experiences. Completion of this program will prepare you to take the Certification for Dental Assistants examination sponsored by the Dental Assisting National Board, Inc. Students who successfully pass the exam become Certified Dental Assistants.
Graduates will be able to pursue many career paths. You can work in private dental offices or specialty practices. Job opportunities are excellent are expected to continue to grow.
The objectives of the Dental Assisting Program include assisting students in the development of:
- Clinical competency in the knowledge and skills required to systematically collect data to assist the dentist in forming a diagnostic treatment plan.
- Clinical competency in the knowledge and skills required to perform a variety of clinical supportive treatments.
- Competency in basic practice management software skills required to support the utilization of electronic records within the dental practice.
- The necessary writing skills to practice successfully within the dental assisting profession.
- Intellectual skills that will demonstrate critical thinking ability.
- The necessary social skills, cultural diversity awareness, and professional attributes to practice successfully within the dental profession.
The mission of the Dental Assisting Program is to prepare competent entry-level dental assistants who will be able to function professionally in all aspects of the dental office and meet the employment needs of regional dental facilities.
The Dental Assisting Program is accredited by the Commission on Dental Accreditation of the American Dental Association, 211 East Chicago Avenue, Chicago, IL, 60611, (312) 440-4653.
Download Dental Assistant Brochure