Frequently Asked Questions
For Current Students
- How do I log on to Blackboard?
- Where do I buy the textbooks and materials for the course?
- How much time do I need to invest in my online course?
- What is expected of me as a student in my online course?
- Where can I get help when I have a technical problem?
- From any of the the Distance Learning pages, choose "Log on to Blackboard", from the Related Links section..
- Enter your “My NECC ID” exactly as shown on your official course schedule. Online courses in Blackboard are now linked to the “My NECC ID”.
- MyNECC ID: This is an 8 digit student ID number. You can find this ID number on your student schedule or other college documents.
- MyNECC password: Use your current “MyNECC” password to log in to Blackboard
Password changes you make will apply to Blackboard, Email and Self Service.
*Note:(For first time MyNECC users, the default password will be date of birth in 8 digit format (mmddyyyy).
Example: 04261972 for April 26, 1972
You can purchase textbooks and supplies at the NECC Bookstore. There are also numerous online bookstores that sell college textbooks.
Students taking online courses should expect to spend 12-15 hours per week studying
for each course. Online courses do not take fewer hours, but you have the option
to pick the hours that are best for you to do your work.
Students are expected to complete the course assignments, projects, exams and
postings by the dates assigned by the instructor. Each course has a unique set
of guidelines and expectations. Check the course’s syllabus for specific information.
Visit the “Help” section of this site.