“Poets Bring to Life, What Life Brings to Poets” – G.J.Young
- All work is to be completely original and unpublished. Help with spelling and grammar is permissible but supplying more suitable words or phrases would disqualify an entry. Poems will not be returned unless requested and accompanied by a stamped, self-addressed envelope.
- One poem per writer
- 30 lines or less
- Rhymed or unrhymed
- Accompanying artwork is also enthusiastically accepted!
- Any style, typed or hand printed
- Important!- Include the following information with your poem:
- Title of poem
- Author’s name
- Name of school and town
- Parent’s or Teacher’s name & phone number
- Email address to notify winning entries
Send entries to:
NECC Peace Poetry Contest
100 Elliott Street, Spurk Building
Haverhill, MA 01830-2399
Deadline for poem submission is March 13, 2013, 5:00 p.m.
View Entry Form
- A committee of NECC students and faculty will judge the submissions. We will select about 80 or so poems for publication in a chapbook.
- Selected entries will also receive prizes and awards, and be invited to take part in a poetry reading.
Reading Event Date
May 3, 2013
TC-103, Haverhill Campus