Frequently Asked Questions
For Current Students
- How do I log on to Blackboard?
- Where do I buy the textbooks and materials for the course?
- How much time do I need to invest in my online course?
- What is expected of me as a student in my online course?
- Where can I get help when I have a technical problem?
- From the NECC website, click on “Student Services” and then “Blackboard Login“.
- For first time students, you will need to login to the myNECC Portal and your Student Email account to setup your password prior to accessing Blackboard. Click here for myNECC and Email instructions.
You can purchase textbooks and supplies at the NECC Bookstore. There are also numerous online bookstores that sell college textbooks.
Students taking online courses should expect to spend 12-15 hours per week studying
for each course. Online courses do not take fewer hours, but you have the option
to pick the hours that are best for you to do your work.
Students are expected to complete the course assignments, projects, exams and
postings by the dates assigned by the instructor. Each course has a unique set
of guidelines and expectations. Check the course’s syllabus for specific information.