- Northern Essex Community College - http://www.necc.mass.edu -
Frequently Asked Questions
Posted By sbaletsa On January 26, 2010 @ 2:12 pm In | Comments Disabled
Where can I print my paper or use a computer to do homework?
Answer: There are walk-in labs available on both campuses during posted hours. The Library does charge a small fee for printing. There are also computers available in Lawrence and Haverhill libraries.
Do I need to sign in to use the walk-in lab?
Answer: Yes, you also need to be a currently enrolled student at NECC and show a valid Student ID to use the walk-in lab.
Can I get email, Self-Service and wireless accounts?
- Student self-service and email accounts are auto-matically created when a student registers for credit classes. Online accounts are automatically created when a student registers for an online class.
- Students can request wireless accounts by visiting Room B216 on the Haverhill campus or Room L237 on the Lawrence campus with their laptop. Virus defi-nitions on each laptop must be updated prior to re-questing access to the wireless network.
- The login for all accounts, except email, is the student’s myNECC ID number and the default password is the student’s birthday MMDDYYYY. When the student logs into Self Service, he/she is required to change the default password. Once the default password is changed, the password is synchronized with the online, and wireless accounts.
- To log in to your student email Office 365 account: Your email address is your 8-digit myNECC account email@example.com Your initial password is “Necc-” (Please note it is Case Sensitive) plus your birthday in the MMDDYYYY format. Example: Necc-01011920. Once you change this password to one of your own choosing, you will not need to change it again. (This will reduce any issues with your mobile device.)
Can I type a paper on my home computer and come to NECC to edit my paper?
Answer: Yes, but if you do not use Microsoft Word to create the file, save as a Rich Text Format or (.rtf) and then you will be able to edit it at NECC.
Article printed from Northern Essex Community College: http://www.necc.mass.edu
URL to article: http://www.necc.mass.edu/academics/resources/computer-labs/faq/
Click here to print.
Copyright © 2013 Northern Essex Community College. All rights reserved.