Awards and Applications, Behavioral Science Department Annual awards
Department of Behavioral Sciences
Student Awards-Last updated Spring 2015
In order to promote, recognize and reward student achievement and excellence in the Behavioral Sciences, the department has established the following annual awards.
All candidates applying for awards need to:
- Be currently enrolled at NECC within the current academic year
- Be nominated by a Behavioral Science Faculty
- Complete an award application at least one week prior to the award ceremony
Outstanding Behavioral Science Scholar Award
This award shall be granted to the student who demonstrates by his/her academic accomplishments, classroom contributions and overall college career outstanding current performance and future promise in the Behavioral Sciences.
- Have completed at least 15 credits at NECC
- Have a minimum of 3 classes or 9 credits successfully completed in Behavioral Science or have 6 credits successfully completed and be currently enrolled in a 3 credit class (any combination of Anthropology, Psychology, and/or Sociology classes will be accepted)
- Have a minimum GPA of 3.3
- Submit an information academic transcript at least one week prior to award ceremony
- Submit a brief ( one paragraph minimum) biography of career at NECC
Outstanding Behavioral Science Research Paper
This award will be granted to a student who submits a scholarly paper in Behavioral Science. This paper must contain scholarly references and demonstrate a in depth knowledge of a Behavioral Science topic.
Outstanding Behavioral Science Essay Paper
This award is designed to acknowledge an essay on a behavioral science topic. This paper must demonstrate comprehensive knowledge of Behavioral Science content and an ability to express this knowledge in concise, written form.
Outstanding Community Contribution
This award will be given to a student who has demonstrated a significant commitment to the well-being of the wider community by making contributions of a substantial nature through volunteer and/or service learning experiences.
Student Award Application
Please fill out and print the Behavioral Science Awards Application