Associate Degree Program Requirements
- Only the current requirements listed in the Academic Advising Handbook, the College Catalog, and the website are listed here.
- If you have been attending NECC for a few semesters, see your Faculty Advisor or the Academic Advising staff for verification.
Starting in the fall of 2014, any student enrolled in an associate degree program who is new to NECC and has no academic history at the college, must take at least one course designated as intensive in each of NECC’s six core academic skills in order to graduate. In most cases, the program’s core required courses include these intensive courses. Plan to see an advisor for more complete information about this graduation requirement.
The following is a list of Degree Programs offered at NECC:
If you are currently working towards a major, you may have requirements other than what is listed below. Please see your Faculty Advisor or Academic Advising for verification.
- Click on program of interest.
- Print page for use as a worksheet or Log On to Self Service to check progress towards your program.
- Determine what classes you need to graduate!
Use each check sheet to see how much you have completed and what is still needed for the degree.
Degree Program Audit Sheets PDFs
- Business Management
- Business Management: Computer Applications
- Business Management: Healthcare Practice Management
- Business Transfer
- Computer and Information Sciences: Applications
- Computer and Information Sciences: Information Technology
- Computer Science Transfer
- Criminal Justice
- Deaf Studies: American Sign Language
- Deaf Studies: Sign Language Interpreter
- Early Childhood Education
- Elementary Education
- Engineering Science: Chemical
- Engineering Science: Civil/Environmental
- Engineering Science: Electrical/Computer
- Engineering Science: Mechanical
- Engineering Technology Option
- General Studies
- General Studies: Art
- General Studies: Dance Option
- General Studies: Health Specialization
- General Studies: Individualized Option
- General Studies: Movement Science Option
- General Studies: Music Option
- General Studies: Physical Education & Exercise Science Option
- Health Information Technology
- Human Services
- Laboratory Science: Biotechnology
- Laboratory Science: Chemical Analysis
- Laboratory Science: Environmental Sciences
- Liberal Arts Transfer
- Liberal Arts Transfer: Biology
- Liberal Arts Transfer: Computer Science Degree
- Liberal Arts Transfer: History
- Liberal Arts Transfer: Journalism/Communication
- Liberal Arts Transfer: Middle/High School Teaching
- Liberal Arts Transfer: Philosophy
- Liberal Arts Transfer: Physical Education/Recreation Degree Concentration
- Liberal Arts Transfer: Physical Science
- Liberal Arts Transfer: Political Science
- Liberal Arts Transfer: Psychology
- Liberal Arts Transfer: Theater
- Liberal Arts Transfer: Writing
- Medical Laboratory Technology
- Nursing (ADN)
- Paralegal Studies: Career
- Paralegal Studies: Transfer
- Paramedic Technology
- Radiologic Technology
- Radiologic Technology (For Fall 2014 Start)
- Respiratory Care
If you have any questions regarding electives, requirements, or which courses you can use to satisfy your major, please see your faculty advisor or Academic Advising.