SMARTHINKING Online Tutoring
Logging On for NECC Students:
- Go to services.smarthinking.com
- Log in with the student-ID version of your NECC email address (email@example.com) for the username and your 8-digit Student ID number for the password.
- Once you have logged on, you will be taken directly to your SMARTHINKING Home Page.
Note that students will have a limited number of minutes available. Please use your time wisely. If you’ve exceeded the maximum, you will receive a message to contact the Academic Resource & Tutoring Center.
Technology Requirements and Troubleshooting
- Please disable all popup blockers for www.smarthinking.com
- Make sure you have Java installed. If you need to install Java, go to http://www.java.com and follow the instructions for the free download
- For a full list of the most up-to-date settings, please visit the SMARTHINKING Technical Requirements FAQ web page.
How to Use SMARTHINKING
In the center of the screen, you’ll find four icons:
- Connect with an e-structor now – use if you want tutoring right away
- Submit Your Writing – use to send an essay or paper draft to an e-structor for review
- Submit a Question – use when you would rather wait for a response to your question than take the time for a live session
- Academic Resources – provides easy access to the SMARTHINKING Writer’s and ESL Writer’s Handbooks, an Accounting Glossary, a Study Guide Handbook, and links to other sites that provide support for students studying mathematics
My File Cabinet
My File Cabinet is a feature of SMARTHINKING that contains transcripts of your online sessions, copies of responses to questions you have submitted, and reviews/critiques of papers and essays submitted to the Essay Center.
SMARTHINKING Support Contacts:
Phone: (Mon-Fri, 8:00 a.m. – 9:00 p.m. ET)