Interpreting/Communication Access Services FAQs
How do I Request Interpreting/Communication Access Services?
- Go to Deaf and Hard of Hearing Services room SC110 of the Behrakis Student Center
- Meet with the Manager of Deaf and Hard of Hearing Services for approval
- Follow these steps every semester.
Remember to Include the Following Information:
- Your name
- Your phone number, pager address, email
- date, day of the week, time and location of the class/event/meeting
- Type of service requested (interpreting, CART, C-Print)
- Topic of class/meeting
- Names of people attending
- Names of preferred interpreter/captionist
When to File a Request:
- Do not wait until the last minute! Submit your request as soon as possible!
- The longer you wait the less chance we will have to confirm your services.
- Providers are not always available to meet last minute needs
- Meetings and events are not automatically interpreted/captioned. If you are not sure, contact the event host or Deaf and Hard of Hearing Services to confirm coverage.