SMARTHINKING is an academic support program that gives students online access to live, one-to-one assistance from over 1500 trained and qualified tutors.
SMARTHINKING is offered to NECC students at no additional cost to the student.
Logging On for NECC Students:
- Go to services.smarthinking.com
- Log in with the student-ID version of your NECC email address (email@example.com) for the username and your 8-digit Student ID number for the password.
- Once you have logged on, you will be taken directly to your SMARTHINKING Home Page.
Tutoring Hours of Service:
Schedule by subject
Note that students will have a limited number of minutes available. Please use your time wisely. If you’ve exceeded the maximum, you will receive a message to contact the Academic Resource & Tutoring Center.
Technology Requirements and Troubleshooting
- Browser Requirements: Firefox 12 or higher, Internet Explorer 9.0 or higher, Safari 5.0 or higher, or Google Chrome 20.0 or higher
- Please disable all popup blockers for www.smarthinking.com
- Make sure you have Java installed. If you need to install Java, go to http://www.java.com and follow the instructions for the free download
- For a full list of the most up-to-date settings, please visit the SMARTHINKING Technical Requirements FAQ web page.
How to Use SMARTHINKING
At the top of the screen under the welcome message you’ll find four options:
- Submit Your Writing – use to send an essay or paper draft to a tutor for review
- Drop-in tutoring – use if you want tutoring right away
- Offline Questions – use when you want to submit a question rather than take the time for a live session
- Academic Resources – provides easy access to the SMARTHINKING Writer’s and ESL Writer’s Handbooks, an Accounting Glossary, a Study Guide Handbook, and links to other sites that provide support for students studying mathematics
SMARTHINKING Support Contacts: