Academic Placement & Testing Center
You must have a NECC ID to take the ACCUPLACER test. If you do not, click here and fill out the required form to receive your NECC ID. You will receive your NECC ID number via email within 24 hours.
- Assessment in reading, writing, and math to determine placement in courses which are appropriate to the student’s level of academic skills.
- ESL testing assesses in reading, grammar, writing & communication for students enrolling in the English as a Second Language Program.
Remote testing involves students taking the ACCUPLACER assessment test at a local educational institution with the intention of attending another college.
For ACCUPLACER Fax/Email information, click here.
- CLEP helps students of all ages earn credit for their college-level knowledge.
- DSST is an effective method to provide your college with evidence of prior learning.
Designed to recognize and value the breadth of experience and skills adults returning to college bring with them, and for which they may be entitled to college credit.
- Challenge Exams - if you feel that your background, education, and experience have given you sufficient knowledge in a subject area, you may challenge certain courses.
- Evaluation by Portfolio - a learning portfolio is an instrument used by students to petition to receive college credit.
- Evaluation by Credential - a process of recognizing and equating to NECC courses, learning that has been achieved with a non-collegiate educational program of study conducted by one or more qualified instructors.
- Military Evaluations - evaluation of military for credit recommendations.
- General Educational Development (GED) Test Battery.
- To request a GED Transcript, click here.
- Proctored Testing is provided for institutions that would like an exam proctored at NECC for a student from their institution.
- Language Proficiency Testing - Foreign Language Proficiency testing is provided for students that would like an exam proctored at NECC from NYU.
- Assessment for Health Profession applicants.
The Academic Placement & Testing Center is a member of the National College Testing Association.
Northern Essex Community College is deemed a “Military Friendly School“.