Tips for Taking ACCUPLACER
1. Take this test very seriously!
Take your time and do your best work! The computerized reading, math and sentence skills testing is un-timed. The Writing Sample will be timed. You will have 50 minutes to type the best essay you can. The results of your test will determine whether you will first be required to begin with developmental courses prior to enrolling in college level courses. It is very important to know that developmental courses do not carry college credits. Take your time!
2. Remember to arrive about 10 minutes early.
This will give you time to find the testing area, restrooms, phones, etc.
3. Relax! Do not worry if you are not familiar with computers.
You do not need to know anything about computers to take the Accuplacer test.
4. You will need to request an NECC ID Number.
You must have a NECC ID to take the ACCUPLACER test. If you do not, click here and fill out the required form to receive your NECC ID. You will receive your NECC ID number via email within 24 hours.
Also, remember to bring a picture ID.
5. You are not allowed to use dictionaries, calculators, notebooks, or textbooks of any kind.
You will be provided with scratch paper.