GED Registration & Test Location
- GED Testing dates are full! You may visit the Massachusetts State site to see if there is availability at another GED Testing Center by clicking here.
- GED Testing is transitioning to the online High School Equivalency Assessment in January 2014. Registration information for the online test will be provided as soon as it becomes available.
All applicants must apply in person by attending a Registration Session at the Haverhill campus of Northern Essex Community College. In order to register, all applicants must:
- Bring a photo identification and social security number.
- Bring payment of $65.00 or a Department of Transitional Assistance Voucher.
- Payment may be made by personal check, money or postal order (made out to NECC). Please do not bring cash. IMPORTANT: the $65.00 application fee is non-refundable and non-transferable.
Under 18 Years Old
- Applicants ages 16 & 17 must be accompanied by a parent or legal guardian, and
- Applicants 16 & 17 must present an official letter of withdrawal from the last high school attended. The letter must be on high school letterhead and must be signed by the Headmaster, Principal, Head of Guidance or the “Keeper of the Records”. No other signatures are acceptable.
GED Registration Sessions are on a walk-in basis. Click here for GED Registration Date information.
GED registration takes place in room SC215 in the Behrakis Building One Stop Center. The GED test will take place in the same building on the first floor in SC106. At the main entrance, turn left and take the first left into Parking Lot 2.
You must have completed the registration process in order to be eligible to schedule your GED test.
Located at exit 52 off route 495 at Elliott Street in Haverhill. Major roadways connecting with route 495 are route 93 from the south and route 95 from the north. From Route 495 north, take exit 52 and turn left. The entrance to the campus is on the left, immediately after the on-ramp to 495 north. From Route 495 south, take exit 52 and turn right. The entrance to the campus is the next left. (978) 556-3000 connects all campuses.