Veterans Integration to Academic Leadership
The Veterans Integration to Academic Leadership (VITAL) is the VA’s approach to reaching out to student veterans to help facilitate the transition from service member to student.
NECC Veterans Services is pleased to announce that a member of the VITAL Team will be available on December 8, 2014 from 9:00 AM until 4:00 PM in room SC 106 of the Behrakis One- Stop Student Center.
A representative from the Bedford VA Medical Center will also be on campus on Monday, December 8.
Services for veterans include:
- Counseling (absolute confidentiality)
- Support in developing time management, organization, and study skills
- Connection to peer mentors & peer tutors
- Coordination with NECC for academic accommodations
- Support with college processes
- Enrollment into Bedford VA Medical Center
- Connection to VA resources including Veterans Benefits Administration & Vocational Rehabilitation.
Services for faculty & staff include:
- Education for college staff about military and veteran culture
- Consultation about veteran-specific issues that impact performance and retention
- Work with college counseling centers in serving the unique mental health needs of veterans
- Assist with communications between VA Health Care and college staff about concerns, resources, and student needs.
For more information, please contact Jeff Williams, Veterans Services Coordinator, at 978-556-3631 or email@example.com.
Like NECC Veterans and Service Persons on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/NECCVeterans