Home » NECC » NECC Events » College Wide » Alternate States of Being Art Exhibit Reception

Alternate States of Being Art Exhibit Reception

Identity is the theme of Rhode Island artist Brian Alves’s show titled “Alternate States of Being” which is on exhibit at NECC this December.

Alves says, “In my work you will find equal parts children and monsters, whimsy and earnestness, idea and form, paint and found object,” he says. “My form and medium vary to accommodate my ideas… I find myself frequently influenced by objects …such as textbooks, chalkboards, museum didactic panels and scientific journals.”

Date and Time

The artist reception will be held Tuesday, December 1, 2015, from 3:30 to 5:30 pm

The Exhibit will then be on display through December 19. The ArtSpace is open Monday through Thursday from 2 to 9 pm, Fridays from 2 to 4 pm, and Saturdays from 9 am to 1 pm

Read more about Alves and the Alternate States of Being Exhibit in the NECC Newsroom.

More Information

The Exhibit is sponsored by the NECC Art & Design Department.

For additional information, or for sign language interpreting or access requests (including food-related allergies), contact Patricia Kidney, Chair, Arts & Design Department, at pkidney@necc.mass.edu or Marc Mannheimer, Gallery Coordinator mmannheimer@necc.mass.edu