STUDENTS VS BLOOD CANCER help us delete blood cancer
You could be the lifesaving match for a blood cancer patient in need of a transplant. It only takes a few minutes and the swab of cheek to register as a potential stem cell donor.
At any one time there are around 14,000 people in the U.S. waiting for a blood stem cell donation.
- You may be the 1 matching donor a dying patient needs.
- Get swabbed for your chance to give a patient a 2nd chance at life.
- Every 3 minutes in the U.S. someone is diagnosed with a blood cancer like leukemia, lymphoma, or myeloma. Every ten minutes it takes a life.
- There is a one in 4 chance a sibling will match but 70% of patients do not have a match in their family.
- Over 5 million donors have registered yet 60% of patients are unable to find a matching donor.
Date and Time
Monday, February 27, 2017
10:00 am to 1:00 pm
Dimitry lobby, and Dr. Ibrahim El-Hefni Allied Health & Technology Center lobby
We welcome requests for sign language interpreting and other access requests (i.e. Computer Aided Real Time (CART), food allergies, etc.). Please contact the host of this event for requests, questions or event information: Carolyn Emerson, email@example.com, 978-655-5886.