The iHealth Scholarship provides access and support to students who wish to pursue a career in Healthcare. The scholarship funds can be used for educational expenses including:
- Tuition and Fees
- Books and Supplies (available at the NECC Bookstore)
- Health insurance (school policies only)
To be considered for the scholarship, students are required to:
- Be enrolled in an iHealth@NECC degree and/or certification program.
- Be making academic progress towards a degree or program (if a returning student).
- Have an Academic Plan in Degree Works or be working with an advisor to develop a plan that will lead to timely graduation with career readiness and/or transfer to a four year program.
- Complete the iHealth Scholarship Application/Agreement Form (once they have registered for classes).
- Apply for Financial Aid by completing the FAFSA online and submitting any additional documentation required by NECC, so that a determination of need for the scholarship can be established.
Students must reapply to qualify for the scholarship in subsequent semesters. The scholarship is awarded on a first-come, first-served basis as funds are available. Applications may be submitted at the One-Stop Student Services Center in Haverhill or Career Planning and Advising in Lawrence.
Applications for the Spring 2016 semester will be accepted beginning November 9. The deadline for requests is December 11. Applications will be reviewed based on fund availability in the order in which they are complete. A complete application includes complete scholarship application and financial aid application. Late applications will be reviewed as funds allow after all on-time applications have been reviewed.
For more information or questions please contact:
Lisa Proctor, Financial Aid Counselor