The Retention Scholarship provides access and support to students who would otherwise be unable to complete their education within a reasonable time and graduate from NECC career ready and/or transfer to a four year college or university. It is intended to support students who have demonstrated success and commitment in their coursework.
The scholarship funds can be used for educational expenses including:
- Tuition and Fees
- Books and Supplies (available at the NECC Bookstore)
- Health insurance (school policies only)
To be considered for the scholarship, students are required to:
- Be enrolled in a degree and/or certification program.
- Be making satisfactory progress toward a degree or program. (However, academic performance shall not be considered in the decision process as stand-alone criteria.)
- Have an Academic Plan in Degree Works or be working with an advisor to develop a plan that will lead to timely graduation with career readiness and/or a transfer to a four year program.
- Complete the Retention Scholarship Application/Agreement (once they have registered for classes).
Applicants should apply for Financial Aid by completing the FAFSA online and submitting any additional documentation required by NECC, so that a determination of need for the scholarship can be established. The scholarship is awarded on a first-come, first-served basis as funds are available.
Students must reapply to qualify for the scholarship in subsequent semesters.
Applications for the Fall 2016 semester are now available. The deadline for Fall classes is July 20th. Applications submitted after the deadline will be reviewed based on fund availability after all on-time applications are processed. Only paper applications will be accepted after the deadline.
For more information please contact:
Aid@necc.mass.edu or 978-556-3700