The Retention Scholarship provides access and support to students who would otherwise be unable to complete their education within a reasonable time and graduate from NECC career ready and/or transfer to a four year college or university. It is intended to support students who have demonstrated success and commitment in their coursework.
The scholarship funds can be used for educational expenses including:
- Tuition and Fees
- Books and Supplies (available at the NECC Bookstore)
- Health insurance (school policies only)
To be considered for the scholarship, students are required to:
- Be enrolled in a degree and/or certification program.
- Be making satisfactory progress toward a degree or program. (However, academic performance shall not be considered in the decision process as stand-alone criteria.)
- Have an Academic Plan in Degree Works or be working with an advisor to develop a plan that will lead to timely graduation with career readiness and/or a transfer to a four year program.
- Complete the Retention Scholarship Application/Agreement (once they have registered for classes).
Applicants should apply for Financial Aid by completing the FAFSA online and submitting any additional documentation required by NECC, so that a determination of need for the scholarship can be established. The scholarship is awarded on a first-come, first-served basis as funds are available.
Students must reapply to qualify for the scholarship in subsequent semesters.
For more information please contact:
Aid@necc.mass.edu or 978-556-3700