- Northern Essex Community College - http://www.necc.mass.edu -
Posted By NECC Editor On October 26, 2010 @ 2:28 pm In | Comments Disabled
Posting and Solicitation Policy
• Bulletin boards are for use by college recognized departments and organizations.
• All materials must be stamped and dated by the Student Engagement Center before appearing on bulletin boards.
• Faculty course announcements must be approved by the faculty member’s academic dean prior to being approved by the Student Engagement Center.
• Unstamped advertisements will be removed.
• Advertising may appear on assigned bulletin boards only. Windows, doors, walls and glass are not for advertising purposes. Advertising appearing in unassigned areas will be removed.
• Certain bulletin boards and display cases are assigned and identified for the exclusive use of academic departments for college business and are not subject to this approval process.
• Non-profit organizations may post their events on designated bulletin boards. These organizations may be asked to produce a copy of their tax-exempt letter from the IRS to verify their non-profit status.
• Posted advertisements should be no larger than 11” x 17”. Contact the Director of Student Engagement if you have any questions.
• Advertising on campus is subject to Northern Essex Community College policies and procedures.
• For events with scheduled interpreters please use the following text:
o “Sign Language Interpreting will be provided. For other access requests, questions or event information, please contact the host of the event, [insert the host’s name or department and host contact information here].”
• For flyers that do not have a confirmed interpreter, the following language should be added along with the interpreting symbol (including for non-time/date specific flyers):
o “Individuals requesting sign language interpreting, access requests (including food related allergies), questions, or for further event information, please contact the host of this event [insert host name or department contact here] at [host phone number] or by email at [host email].”
• PLEASE NOTE: The host or hosting department of the event is responsible for contacting Interpreting Services to request Sign Language Interpreters and contact Learning Accommodations for referrals.
• AS A REMINDER, MAKE SURE THAT YOU INCLUDE CONTACT INFORMATION ON YOUR FLYER PRIOR TO SUBMITTING IT FOR APPROVAL.
• Please allow two business days for processing. When possible, bring in an original document for approval, before making copies.
Article printed from Northern Essex Community College: http://www.necc.mass.edu
URL to article: http://www.necc.mass.edu/student-services/current/policies-conduct/college-statements-policies-disclosures/solicitation-policy/
Copyright © 2013 Northern Essex Community College. All rights reserved.