First Time Students Login Help
Access myNECC Portal
myNECC Portal Log in Instructions – First Time Login
As a new student, your initial password to log into myNECC portal will be your eight-digit date of birth in the MMDDYYYY format. You will be required to change this password when you log in to myNECC portal for the first time. Please follow the instructions below for the required log in steps.
- Open a Browser: Examples include Mozilla Firefox, Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, or Apple Safari.
- Click on myNECC from any page on the NECC website.
- Reset your password: At the portal login screen, click on student password reset. You will be redirected to Self-Service.
- At Self-Service: Enter your User ID and default password/PIN.
- If you’re a new student, you can find your User ID on your class schedule or transcript.
- Your default password/PIN will be your eight-digit birthdate in the MMDDYYYY format. For example if you were born on November 16, 1993 – your initial password/PIN is 11161993.
- Click Login: You will be required to change your password/PIN when you log in for the first time.
- Please Note: This process could take up to 15 minutes to become active. You should also make a note of your new password/PIN because you will need it every time you log in.
- Access: Now you are ready to access the myNECC portal. You will need to go back to the NECC website http://www.necc.mass.edu and click on myNECC in the upper right-hand corner of the page.
- Enter Your Login and password/PIN: Once you are back to the myNECC portal log in screen, you can now use your User Name (8-digit User ID) and password/PIN (that you just created).
- Click Login: You should now be successfully logged into the myNECC portal and be able to view your specific student information.
The myNECC logo is located in the upper right-hand corner of the page.
Please Note: Do not try to log into myNECC portal yet. There are additional steps below that you must complete prior to your first log in.
Access Your Student Email Account
Student Email Log in Instructions – First Time Login
If you are a new student who is logging into your Office 365 email for the first time, you must complete the steps Access to myNECC Portal before trying to login into your Office 365 student email account. Once you have successfully logged into the myNECC portal you are ready to log into your Office 365 account. Please follow the instructions below:
- While logged into myNECC portal, scroll down to see the Student Frequently Used Tools on the right side of the page and click on Access My Email.
- You will be taken to Office 365.
- Enter your eight-digit myNECC ID@student.necc.edu
- Your initial password is “Necc-” (Please note it is Case Sensitive) plus your birthdate in the MMDDYYYY format. Example: Necc-11161993
- Click Sign in:
- Once you sign in, you will be asked to change your password to one of your own choosing. Write your password down and take a picture of it with your phone or store it in your phone.
- Please Note: This password will be for your email only; logging into myNECC, Blackboard, Self-service, and Online payments will be with the first password/PIN that you created.
Be sure to read the Student Email Policy for information that all users are subject to.
What if I have more questions or need additional help?
If you have any questions or need assistance, please contact the NECC IT Service Desk at 978-556-3111 or email@example.com.