Prepare for your Massachusetts Emergency Medical Technician (EMT) Basic Certificate at NECC
The seven-credit EMT-basic course is offered each semester.
Students who successfully complete the course are qualified to take the Massachusetts Emergency Medical Technician (Basic) Certification Examination. EMT certification is required by most fire departments in Massachusetts and New Hampshire.
- Airway management and oxygen therapy
- Wound care and fracture management
- Injuries to the head, neck, and spine
- Pharmacology and aerosolized medications
- Cardiac arrest management (including use of defibrillators)
- Medical emergencies
- Emergency childbirth
- Auto extrication
Participants are required to have a Criminal Offender Record Information (CORI) and/or Sex Offender Record Information (SORI) check and also have basic reading and basic writing proficiency.