IT Client Services Walk-In Computer Labs
Both of our campuses offer computer labs to current NECC Students. Our labs are staffed by support specialist to assist students with computer course-related problems.
Haverhill Campus: B216
Lawrence Campus: L239
Computer Labs Feature
- PC and Macintosh workstations
- Laser printers
- Ergonomic seating
NECC Computing Guidelines
- Computer Labs are for Current Students Only: Students must present a current NECC Student ID before accessing a lab computer. If you do not have a Student ID, they can be obtained through Student Activities. Make sure you have an up-to-date semester sticker on your Student ID from the One-Stop.
- No Food or Drink Allowed in Computer Labs
- Follow NECC Policies in Computer Labs: Students, staff, and faculty members are responsible for following the rules outlined in the Computer and Network Usage Policy. Anyone violating any computer policy will be subject to disciplinary actions.
- No Children Allowed in Computer Labs: This includes children accompanied by an adult.
- Shutdown Computers: When finished with a lab computer, please turn the computer off.
- Computer Labs are form Academic Purposes Only: Space is limited in the computer labs. Once you complete your coursework, please allow another student to use the lab computer.
- Limit Printer Use: Lab printers are for student created work only. Help conserve paper and print only one copy of what you need for class.
- Do Not Install Software: If you require assistance with computer applications, inform the support staff for the computer lab.
Lost & Found
There are lost and found locations in the Haverhill and Lawrence IT Client Services areas in addition to Security. Put your name on all of your computer equipment and books so we may be able to return lost items. NECC is not responsible items that are lost or stolen.