Getting Started with Learning Accommodations
1 – 2 – 3 – Process
- Contact the Learning Accommodations Center 6 to 8 weeks before your semester starts and ask for a Request for Services Meeting (RSM/Intake) – this meeting will last about one hour. You will be asked about the nature of your disability and your abilities in reading, writing, math, test-taking, concentration, and memory.
- Fill out an Application For Services (PDF, Opens in a new window)
- Bring copies, not originals, of disability documentation. These should include a stated diagnosis of your disability such as:
- Attention Deficit/Hyperactive Disorder
- Brain Injury
- Learning Disability
- Low vision/Blind/Legally Blind
- Autism Spectrum or Asperger’s Syndrome
- Physical Disability
- Chronic Illness
- Seizure Disorder
- Psychiatric or Neurobiological Disorder
After the Request for Services Meeting has been completed and documentation has been submitted, it is reviewed by a professional team at the Learning Accommodations Center and a specific accommodation plan will be recommended.
For additional information for students who are Deaf or Hard of Hearing contact Email:firstname.lastname@example.org or 978-241-7045 (VP/V)