NECC’s Tutoring Center provides free academic support for NECC students on both campuses, plus online support from the Smarthinking tutoring service. Here’s what you need to know about tutoring at NECC:
- The Tutoring Center is open to all NECC students at no additional cost.
- Tutoring is available in Math, Writing, Science, Reading, English as a Second Language, Computer Science, and Accounting.
- Most tutoring is on a walk-in basis.* Check the schedule for when and where tutoring for a specific subject takes place.
*Exceptions include students in some ESL courses.
- On the Haverhill campus, tutoring is in the B building on the second floor, room B216. On the Lawrence campus, tutoring is in the Dimitry building on Franklin Street, rooms L200 and L202, and in the Fournier Education Center on Amesbury Street, room LA103/104. Check the schedule for the location of specific subjects.
- NECC tutors include faculty members or instructors, professional tutors, and peer tutors familiar with courses in the subject area.
Schedules vary depending on the subject. View the Tutoring Schedules page for a list of subjects and links to the schedules.