CLEP & DSST Exam Registration
Standardized Exam Registration
Any student is eligible to take CLEP or DSST Examinations. Students are encouraged to consult with their faculty advisor or the Advising Center regarding credit awards. For NECC students, click here to see what CLEP/DSST General/Subject exams are accepted at NECC.
Choose the exam offered from the list and then follow the Registration Steps (1-2-3) as outlined below.
CLEP Exams offered
Composition and Literature
Analyzing and Interpreting Literature
College Composition Modular
History and Social Sciences
History of the United States I: Early Colonization to 1877
History of the United States II: 1865 to the Present
Human Growth and Development
Introduction to Educational Psychology
Principles of Macroeconomics
Principles of Microeconomics
Social Sciences and History
Western Civilization I: Ancient Near East to 1648
Western Civilization II: 1648 to the Present
Science and Mathematics
Introductory Business Law
Principles of Management
Principles of Marketing
Human Resource Management
Business Ethics and Society
Introduction to Business
Introduction to Computing
Management Information Systems
Money and Banking*
Principles of Finance
Principles of Supervision
Ethics in America
Introduction to World Religions
Principles of Public Speaking
Fundamentals of College Algebra
Principles of Statistics
Here’s to Your Health
Environment and Humanity
Principles of Physical Science I
A History of the Vietnam War
Art of the Western World
The Civil War and Reconstruction
Foundations of Education
Fundamentals of Counseling
Introduction to Law Enforcement
Lifespan Developmental Psychology
Rise and Fall of the Soviet Union*
Fundamentals of Cybersecurity
Registration Steps (1-2-3):
1. Sign up and pay for the CLEP or DSST exam you would like to take. The fee for each exam is $80.00.
IMPORTANT: Print your CLEP or DSST Registration confirmation ticket and bring it on the day of your exam.
2. To test at Northern Essex, fill out the CLEP or DSST Registration Form. To select your date for testing at NECC, click here for Exam Schedule.
3. Submit your non-refundable NECC Registration Fee of $35.00 ($40.00 effective January 1, 2016) to reserve your seat one of the following ways;
- Click here for online payment. (Payment by credit card) You must sign in or create an account for FlexReg. If you are a current student, your username is your NECC ID and your password is your Self-Service password. If you do not remember your password, contact the Service Desk and they will reset your password to your date of birth and you will then be able to reset it. First time test takers select CLEP/DSST Registration Fee. If you have tested at NECC, select the appropriate CLEP/DSST Registration Fee – Test Two, Test Three, Test Four or Test Five. You must fax your CLEP or DSST Registration Form to 978-556-3169 or scan and email it to email@example.com.
Note: Interet Explorer (IE) is the preferred browser and Pop-Up Blockers must be disabled to enable registration and payment using FlexReg.
- Money Order (Made payable to NECC) – Mail or hand deliver your CLEP/DSST Registration Form & Fee to the Academic Placement & Testing Center, 100 Elliott St., Haverhill, MA 01830, Technology Center, Room TC-128.
- Walk-in (Payment by Money Order, made payable to NECC, or by Credit Card) – Stop by the Academic Placement & Testing Center, 100 Elliott St., Haverhill, MA 01830, Technology Center, Room TC-128 to fill out your CLEP/DSST Registration Form and NECC Registration Form.
You will receive confirmation materials when your registration form and payment is received and authorized.
All examinees who need to reschedule or who do not arrive for their scheduled exam must re-submit the $35.00 registration fee ($40.00 effective January 1, 2016) and a new registration form. All exam dates are subject to cancellation if there are low numbers of examinees. (Please note that this rarely happens.) Students will be notified within 3 business days of the exam if there is a need to cancel.
Acceptable forms of primary identification include:
A current driver’s license
A current state or federal ID card
A current passport
A tribal ID card
A naturalization card or certificate of citizenship
Acceptable forms of secondary identification include:
A current employee ID
A current student ID
A Social Security card
A military ID
An unused ID from the primary choices above
All funded military candidates must present a current military ID and a second form of government-issued photo ID.
* Please note that CLEP/DSST tests are computer administered exams*
For more information on CLEP and DSST testing, click here to email the Academic Placement & Testing Center.