Exceptions to the Institutional Refund Policy
What is the Institutional Refund Policy
The Institutional Refund Policy for credit courses at NECC allows a 100% refund of tuition and fees for courses dropped within a specific range of dates governed by the start date of each course. After the end of each 100% refund period, no other refunds will be granted. These dates are posted every semester on the NECC website, and will vary from semester to semester.
Guidelines for Petitions for Exception to the Institutional Refund Policy
- Students may request to appeal the Institutional Refund Policy due to extenuating circumstances which prohibited completion of course(s), or due to attendance related issues with a given semester.
- Appeals for either circumstance must be submitted on either the Tuition and Fee Adjustment Appeal form (PDF) or the Attendance Related Tuition Appeal form (PDF), with a written personal statement and any essential documentation to support the appeal (if applicable). Forms are also available at the One-Stop Student Center on both campuses.
- Students receiving financial aid should speak with a Financial Aid Counselor before submitting the petition as its approval could affect current and future financial aid awards.
- Requests for refunds will NOT be considered for classes in which the student received a grade.
- The student must officially withdraw or be administratively withdrawn from classes before a petition is submitted.
- Students with circumstances related to academic, institutional or enrollment issues may complete a Tuition and Fee Adjustment Appeal form. The petition will be forwarded to the appropriate department for approval.
Deadlines for Submitting Petitions for Exception to the Institutional Refund Policy
Submission deadlines are strictly enforced.
Examples of Extenuating Circumstances
Petitions presented without supporting documentation will not be accepted.Print View