Take Advantage of Scholarships to Help You Succeed
If you are working hard to successfully complete your NECC coursework, but are struggling to stay in school because of the cost, you could be eligible for a Retention Scholarship.
Retention Scholarships provide free funds that you can use for educational expenses including:
- Tuition and fees
- Books and supplies (anything that is available at NECC’s bookstore)
- Health insurance (that is offered by NECC)
The application period for the Fall 2021 semester is now over.
Retention Scholarship Eligibility
To qualify for a Retention Scholarship you must:
- Be enrolled in a degree and/or certificate program and be registered for classes in the fall semester
- Be making satisfactory progress towards a degree or program
- Have an Academic Plan in Degree Works or be working with an advisor to develop a plan that will lead to timely graduation so you can pursue a career or transfer to a four-year program
- Complete the FAFSA and submit any additional financial aid documentation requested by NECC to determine your financial need
These Scholarships Are Awarded Based on Available Funds, and to Those Who Apply First
Applications are reviewed in the order they are received and Retention Scholarships are awarded on a first-come, first-served basis each semester. You must reapply to qualify for the scholarship in subsequent semesters even if you received a Retention Scholarship previously. Students cannot receive refunds from the Retention Scholarship.