STEM Retention Scholarship
Get Help Paying for Your STEM Degree
If you are working hard to successfully complete your NECC STEM coursework, but are struggling to stay in school because of the cost, you could be eligible for a STEM Retention Scholarship.
STEM Retention Scholarships provide free funds that you can use for educational expenses including:
- Tuition and fees
- Books and supplies (anything that is available at NECC’s bookstore)
- Health insurance (that is offered by NECC)
STEM Retention Scholarship Eligibility
To qualify for a STEM Retention Scholarship you must:
- Be enrolled in a STEM degree and/or certificate program and be registered for classes in the upcoming semester
- Be making satisfactory progress towards a STEM degree or program
- Have completed 6 credits if you are in a Certificate program, or 12 credits if you are in an Associate’s program
- Have a minimum GPA of 2.7
- Have an outstanding balance
- Have an Academic Plan in Degree Works or be working with an advisor to develop a plan that will lead to timely graduation so you can pursue a STEM career or transfer to a four-year STEM program
- Complete the FAFSA and submit any additional financial aid documentation requested by NECC to determine your financial need
- Complete the STEM Retention Scholarship Application
The Spring 2022 application period is now over.
Applications are reviewed in the order they are received and STEM Retention Scholarships are awarded on a first-come, first-served basis each semester. You must reapply to qualify for the scholarship in subsequent semesters even if you received a STEM Retention Scholarship previously. Students cannot receive refunds from the STEM Retention Scholarship.