ACCUPLACER Test Dates
Before you test, click here to see if you may be waived from taking the assessment test
The Academic Placement & Testing Center offers in-person testing at the Haverhill Campus and the Lawrence Campus and virtual (remote) testing, on an as needed basis.
- You must have a NECC ID number to take the ACCUPLACER test. If you have not applied to NECC, click here to Get started on the application process. Once you receive your NECC ID number, you can test.
- Walk-in testing is available Monday – Friday at the Haverhill Campus and the Lawrence Campus. No appointment is necessary and no ACCUPLACER Testing Request Submission form is required. Testing can take up to 3 hours, so plan accordingly.
- Haverhill Campus walk-in testing is at the Academic Placement & Testing Center in Haverhill at 100 Elliott St., Haverhill, MA 01830, Technology Center, Room TC122. You can walk-in Monday, Thursday, and Friday starting at 9:00 AM through 2:00 PM and on Tuesday and Wednesday starting at 9:00 AM through 1:00 PM.
- Lawrence Campus walk-in testing is at the Academic Placement & Testing Center in Lawrence at 45 Franklin St., Lawrence, MA 01840, Dimitry Building, Room L135. You can walk-in Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, and Friday starting at 9:00 AM through 2:00 PM and on Wednesday starting at 9:00 AM through 4:00 PM.
- To schedule virtual (remote) testing, complete the ACCUPLACER Testing Request Submission form. Once you submit the form, you will receive instructions to schedule a testing appointment through EAB Navigate. If you need assistance for First Time Logging In to EAB Navigate, click here. If you are unable to access EAB Navigate, email for assistance. Technical requirements are required in advance of testing. Testing can take up to 3 hours, so plan accordingly.
The testing schedule is subject to change. Testing schedule exceptions will be posted at the centers.
Notification: No testing on Friday, October 29, 2021
If you test in-person:
- You are required to wear a protective face covering. We recommend you bring your own.
- Do not bring in your cell phone or personal belongings into the test center (except for a photo ID and car keys). If needed, lockers are available for personal belongings.
- All testers are required to have a photo ID on test day.
- If you have received accommodations for ACCUPLACER testing, you are required to bring the Approval for Accommodated Testing Intake Form to the proctor on test day.
If you test remotely:
- Check that your laptop or personal computer can run ACCUPLACER.
- Download and install Zoom Client for Meetings
- Test that Zoom was setup correctly. Please use the option to join with video.
- Be sure your computer is running Windows 10
- Have the confirmation email available on test day with your voucher number, your zoom meeting ID and password and be sure your laptop or PC is equipped with a microphone and video camera (phones and tablets will not work, and due to technical difficulties we strongly discourage Chromebooks)
- All testers will be required to have a photo ID on test day.
- If you have received accommodations for ACCUPLACER testing, you are required to show your Approval for Accommodated Testing Intake Form to the proctor on test day.