ACCUPLACER Test Dates
Before you test, click here to see if you may be waived from taking the assessment test
The Academic Placement & Testing Center offers in-person testing at the Haverhill Campus and the Lawrence Campus and virtual (remote) testing, on an as needed basis. Testing can take up to 3 hours, so plan accordingly.
You must have a NECC ID number to take the ACCUPLACER test. If you have not applied to NECC, click here to Get started on the application process. Once you receive your NECC ID number, you can test.
- Haverhill Campus walk-in testing is at the Academic Placement & Testing Center in Haverhill at 100 Elliott St., Haverhill, MA 01830, Technology Center, Room TC122. No appointment is necessary and no request form is required. You can walk-in Monday-Friday starting at 9:00 AM through 1:30 PM.
- Lawrence Campus walk-in testing is at the Academic Placement & Testing Center in Lawrence at 45 Franklin St., Lawrence, MA 01840, Dimitry Building, Room L135. No appointment is necessary and no request form is required. You can walk-in Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday starting at 9:00 AM through 2:00 PM and Wednesday starting at 9:00 AM through 4:00 PM.
- Virtual (remote) testing is offered Monday-Friday during office hours. To schedule virtual (remote) testing, complete the ACCUPLACER Testing Request Submission form. Once you submit the form, you will receive instructions to schedule a testing appointment through EAB Navigate. If you need assistance for First Time Logging In to EAB Navigate, click here. If you are unable to access EAB Navigate, email for assistance. Your appointment time is your start time for testing. Technical requirements are required in advance of testing. Be sure to check your email and the spam/junk folder!
Testing is not available when the college is closed. To view the Calendar go to Calendars and Schedules.
The testing schedule is subject to change.
If you test in-person:
- All testers are required to have a photo ID on test day.
- Bring your NECC ID number with you on test day.
- If you have received accommodations for ACCUPLACER testing, you are required to bring the Approval for Accommodated Testing Intake Form to the proctor on test day.
- Prior to walk-in testing, review Coronavirus Information.
If you test remotely:
- Check that your laptop or personal computer can run ACCUPLACER.
- Download and install Zoom Client for Meetings
- Test that Zoom was setup correctly. Please use the option to join with video.
- Be sure your computer is running Windows 10
- Have the confirmation email available on test day with your voucher number, your zoom meeting ID and password and be sure your laptop or PC is equipped with a microphone and video camera (phones and tablets will not work, and due to technical difficulties we strongly discourage Chromebooks)
- All testers will be required to have a photo ID on test day.
- If you have received accommodations for ACCUPLACER testing, you are required to show your Approval for Accommodated Testing Intake Form to the proctor on test day.