Current International Student Resources
Maintaining Your Lawful Status in the United States
If you are currently an NECC student and you are taking classes while on an F-1 visa, we will provide you with information that will allow you to maintain your lawful status in the United States.
Please be advised, while in the United States all international students must follow the Department of Homeland Security rules and regulations which include:
- Be enrolled in full-time study each semester (at least 12 credits)
- Be in good Academic standing – going to classes, passing assignments etc.
- May only work:
- On campus- up to 20 hours during the semester with authorization from an International Student Advisor
- Off-campus- generally not allowed
Questions Regarding the Legal Requirements of Your Stay
If you have questions regarding the legal requirements of your stay in the United States, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or schedule an appointment.
Contacting your Designated School Official (DSO) if Planning Changes
Please also contact your DSO if you are planning to do any of the following:
- Change your address and contact information
- Change your education level or major
- Drop class/es
- Transfer to a new school or take a leave of absence
- Travel outside the United States
- Request a program extension
- Apply for a CPT/OPT
- Apply for Social Security Number or Drivers License
- Apply for graduation etc..
NECC International Student Advisor Contact
To request an appointment with an International Student Advisor please complete the online request form.
Programming and Student Engagement
The Office of International and Community Relations organizes events for international students on semester basis. In the past we’ve had students participate in field trips, on campus events and meetings over coffee and treats.Print View