NECC Student Enrollment Roadmap
Congratulations on choosing Northern Essex Community College to further your education! Here is a checklist to help you complete the steps for enrollment.
- Admission application
If you haven’t already, visit https://www.necc.mass.edu/online-application/ to submit
- Apply for Financial Aid
Visit https://studentaid.gov/h/apply-for-aid/fafsa and add the NECC school code 002174 so we can receive your FAFSA
- Explore and apply for NECC Scholarships
Learn more at https://www.necc.mass.edu/scholarships
- Proof of high school graduation
All NECC students are required to submit proof of successful high school completion in the form of an official High School Diploma, a final High School Transcript, a GED Diploma, or GED Transcript Scores
- Receive your academic placement or waiver
Applicants who do not qualify for a waiver will need to take the Accuplacer assessment prior to registering. For waiver eligibility, visit https://www.necc.mass.edu/assessment
- MyNECC Portal
Your hub to access Self-Service, Blackboard, NECC Email, Navigate, and DegreeWorks accounts. https://www.necc.mass.edu/first-time-logging
- Navigate App
Download the App and visit https://necc.navigate.eab.com to stay on track with classes, schedules, events, and deadlines.
- NECC Email
This will serve as the source for all official NECC communication and information. https://www.necc.mass.edu/office-365-help-login
Attend and Schedule
- NECC Student Online Orientation This required program is the best way to get acquainted with our academic policies and deadlines, campus resources and tools for success. To complete orientation, visit https://www.necc.mass.edu/orientation
- Academic Advising Appointment: After completing orientation, a staff member will contact you to schedule an advising appointment to develop an academic plan and register for classes.
Select Payment Option(s)
Your bill must be paid on or before the payment deadline. To view the academic calendar visit: https://www.necc.mass.edu/academic-calendar/ For payment options, visit https://www.necc.mass.edu/payment-options/
- Financial Aid: Log into MyNECC to check your financial aid status and/or accept your award (if it is in an offered status)
- If awarded, your authorized financial aid will be reflected against your account balance. You are responsible for any remaining balance.
- If awarded a scholarship through an organization outside of NECC, send the award letter to Student Accounts at firstname.lastname@example.org
- To be eligible for a Book Voucher visit https://www.necc.mass.edu/book-vouchers-lending-library
- Self-Pay: Log into MyNECC, under the Home tab scroll down and click on the Pay My Bill Online icon, select Make Payment, and follow the prompts.
- Payment Plan: Log into MyNECC, under the Home tab scroll down and click on the Pay My Bill Online icon, select Enroll in Payment Plan, and follow the prompts.
- Important Note: To purchase or waive the health insurance, payment or a waiver must be submitted. Visit https://www.necc.mass.edu/health-insurance
Welcome to the Knight Family!
Additional and Helpful Information
- Immunization records: If enrolled in 12 credits or more, a completed immunization form must be received within 30 days after registering https://www.necc.mass.edu/immunization
- Purchase course materials: The
bookstore is your resource for textbooks, course materials, and more! https://www.necc.mass.edu/bookstore
- Student ID: https://www.necc.mass.edu/photo-ID
- Parking: https://www.necc.mass.edu/parking
Questions? Contact Enrollment Services at Admissions@necc.mass.edu or by calling 978-556-3700.