If You Are an NECC Student Currently Enrolled in for‐Credit Classes, or NECC Faculty/Staff, You Have
- Full borrowing privileges at NECC and all NOBLE partner libraries;
- Borrowing privileges at the University of Massachusetts, and all Massachusetts public universities and community colleges with your NECC photo ID;
- Interlibrary loan privileges for NOBLE and ComCat, the Massachusetts statewide catalog;
- Off‐campus access to NECC library databases (with your NECC library barcode);
- The ability to request and renew library items online.
If You Are an NECC Student Currently Enrolled in Non‐Credit Courses You Have
- Borrowing privileges at NECC
- Interlibrary loan privileges for NOBLE
If you are not currently enrolled in any classes at NECC you may apply for a public patron card with limited borrowing privileges. We strongly recommend that public patrons visit their hometown public library as this will in most cases provide more privileges than a public card through NECC.
- 3 weeks
- May be renewed twice, as long as there are no active requests for the item
- No limit on the number that can be taken out at a time
- 1 week
- Only 3 DVDs may be out on an account at any time
Audiobooks and Other Resources
- 3 weeks
Fees and Fines
NECC does not charge daily fines for overdue books owned by NECC. Overdue DVDs accrue a $1 per day fine.
Books that are long overdue will trigger a hold on the student’s Banner account, which will prevent the student from registering for classes, obtaining their grades, or requesting a transcript. Any items on a student’s account must be returned and all outstanding fines paid, or marked lost and paid for before any Banner hold can be removed.