If You Are an NECC Student Currently Enrolled in for‐Credit Classes, or NECC Faculty/Staff, You Have
- Full borrowing privileges at NECC and all NOBLE partner libraries;
- Borrowing privileges at the University of Massachusetts, and all Massachusetts public universities and community colleges with your NECC photo ID;
- Interlibrary loan privileges for NOBLE and ComCat, the Massachusetts statewide catalog;
- Off‐campus access to NECC library databases (with your NECC library barcode);
- The ability to request and renew library items online.
If You Are an NECC Student Currently Enrolled in Non‐Credit Courses You Have
- Borrowing privileges at NECC
- Interlibrary loan privileges for NOBLE
If you are not currently enrolled in any classes at NECC you may apply for a public patron card with limited borrowing privileges. We strongly recommend that public patrons visit their hometown public library card as this will in most cases provide more privileges than a public card through NECC.
- 3 weeks
- May be renewed twice, as long as there are no active requests for the item
- No limit on the number that can be taken out at a time
- 1 week
- No renewals
- Only 3 DVDs may be out on an account at any time
Audiobooks and Other Resources
- 3 weeks
Fees and Fines
NECC does not charge daily fines for overdue books owned by NECC. However, items borrowed through the NOBLE network from other libraries may accrue daily fines based on the policies of the lending library.
Books that are long overdue will trigger a hold on the student’s Banner account, which will prevent the student from registering for classes, obtaining their grades, or requesting a transcript. Any items on a student’s account must be returned and all outstanding fines paid, or marked lost and paid for before any Banner hold can be removed.