PART-TIME PATHWAYS (3 to 5 years) are available for most degrees. To qualify to take college-level classes, some students may be required to take college preparation classes first.
- CORI/SORI check and random drug screening required
- Fall start
- Hybrid courses are 80% online and meet once per week in class.
- Lawrence campus for Public Health specific classes.
- Students are placed in internships in the Merrimack Valley
- Internships one day per week spring semester of second year
- You do not have to take the TEAS for entry into this program.
- Students must complete a health evaluation and have the required immunizations to attend an internship.
- Transportation to internship is the student’s responsibility.
- A grade of C or better is required in all courses.
- Course are listed in the required order that you should take them.
- Many courses have prerequisites requirements that must be fulfilled to be eligible to enroll in the course.
- Community Health Worker certificate is a stepping-stone to Associates degree
- CHW 110 aligns with the Massachusetts Board of Certification core competency training.
Milestone courses are the most important for success in the program, should be taken in the sequence shown, and may require certain grades or other outcomes for your continued progress toward graduation. They may also cover most, or all the six core skills required for graduation.
You are encouraged to use this pathway checklist with an advisor as a worksheet when planning your progress toward a degree or certificate. This checklist is not your academic transcript and it is not official notification of completion of degree or certificate requirements.