PART-TIME PATHWAYS (3 to 5 years) are available for most degrees. To qualify to take college-level classes, some students may be required to take college preparation classes first.
- Specific admission requirements must be met before entering this program
- CORI/SORI check and random drug screening required
- Program start in the fall semester only
- Lawrence Campus only, hybrid evening program
- 60 – hour internship placement summer semester, students provide their own transportation
- Successful completion of this program qualifies students to take the CPB certification exam offered by the American Academy of Professional Coders (AAPC). The AAPC does have an application process for this exam
- Students are required to complete a health evaluation and have the required immunizations prior to attending internship
- Graduates are prepared for an entry level medical billing career
- A grade of ‘C’ or better is required in all courses in order to continue to the next semester
- Courses are listed in the order you must take them
- Some courses have prerequisite requirements that must be fulfilled to be eligible to enroll in the course.
- Milestone course = Computer Elective CIS110, CIS112, CIS113, CIS210 recommended (will update to Computer Science Elective)
Milestone courses are the most important for success in the program, should be taken in the sequence shown, and may require certain grades or other outcomes for your continued progress toward graduation. They may also cover most, or all the six core skills required for graduation.
You are encouraged to use this pathway checklist with an advisor as a worksheet when planning your progress toward a degree or certificate. This checklist is not your academic transcript and it is not official notification of completion of degree or certificate requirements.