PART-TIME PATHWAYS (3 to 5 years) are available for most degrees. To qualify to take college-level classes, some students may be required to take college preparation classes first.
- Full-time day program
- Specific admission requirements must be met prior to applying to this program
- Accredited by Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing, Inc. (ACEN)
- Graduates eligible to take National Council Licensure Examination for Registered Nurses (NCLEX-RN)
- CORI/SORI check and random drug screening required
- Fall program start
- Advanced Placement LPN – ADN Spring start only
- Lawrence campus only for nursing lecture and lab courses
- Students placed randomly in clinical sites and must have transportation
- Students are required to complete a health evaluation and have the required immunizations specified by clinical agencies
- Students must undergo technical standards assessment of physical ability and behavioral characteristics for Nursing
- Students may complete most general education required coursework prior to Nursing I
- There is an “Official” Wait list for admission is in effect
- Additional pre-program testing is required with minimum specified scores. See an Advisor for Checklist for Associate Degree in Nursing Admission or on the Health Required Forms web page.
- All students must maintain a C or better in all required courses to progress to the next level and to graduate
- Students must be CPR Certified at the Health Care Provider/Professional Rescuer level prior to start of clinical coursework
- Student are required to carry professional liability insurance
- Courses are listed in the required order they must be taken for progression
- Many courses have prerequisite requirements that must be fulfilled to be eligible to enroll in the course
- NECC has articulation agreements to facilitate seamless transfer into four year baccalaureate programs
- Massachusetts Board of Registration in Nursing requires all applicants for licensure meet the Good Moral Character (GMC) requirements. For information see: https://www.mass.gov/service-details/good-moral-character-requirements-for-nursing-licensure
Milestone courses are the most important for success in the program, should be taken in the sequence shown, and may require certain grades or other outcomes for your continued progress toward graduation. They may also cover most, or all the six core skills required for graduation.
You are encouraged to use this pathway checklist with an advisor as a worksheet when planning your progress toward a degree or certificate. This checklist is not your academic transcript and it is not official notification of completion of degree or certificate requirements.