- The Paramedic Technology program is accredited by the Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Programs (CAAHEP), per the recommendation of the Committee on Accreditation of EMS Programs (CoAEMSP).
- This program requires completion of an admission criteria packet prior to acceptance into the program.
- CORI/SORI check required.
- This program only starts in the FALL semester.
- This program requires attendance during the summer.
- Clinical and Field placement sites are made at the discretion of the clinical coordinator.
- Completion of this program qualifies the student to complete the NREMT-Paramedic certification tests.
- Must be an EMT PRIOR to the beginning of the program.
- A grade of “C” or better is required for all BIO and EMS courses in this program.
- Students must complete Human Biology and Lab (BIO101/102) before the fall semester of their second year or before.
- All EMS classes meet Tuesday and Thursdays on the Lawrence campus only.
- Students must take all EMS courses offered in each semester, part time completion is not possible.
- Work experience as an EMT has been found to be extremely beneficial for paramedic students. While not required, you are strongly encouraged to continue work as an EMT throughout the program.
- You will be eligible to take the NREMT-Paramedic examination when you complete EMS 202 in the fall semester of year two.
Milestone courses are the most important for success in the program, should be taken in the sequence shown, and may require certain grades or other outcomes for your continued progress toward graduation. They may also cover most, or all the six core skills required for graduation.
You are encouraged to use this pathway checklist with an advisor as a worksheet when planning your progress toward a degree or certificate. This checklist is not your academic transcript and it is not official notification of completion of degree or certificate requirements.