PART-TIME PATHWAYS (3 to 5 years) are available for most degrees. To qualify to take college-level classes, some students may be required to take college preparation classes first.
- Prerequisites HES 102 and ENG 101
- CORI/SORI check and random drug screening required
- Fall start
- Hybrid courses are 80% online and meet once per week in class.
- Lawrence campus for Public Health specific classes.
- Students are placed in internships in the Merrimack Valley
- Internships one day per week spring semester of second year.
- Prepares you for transfer to a 4 year Public Health program.
- You do not have to take the TEAS for entry into this program.
- Students must complete a health evaluation and have the required immunizations to attend an internship.
- Transportation to internship is the student’s responsibility.
- A grade of C or better is required in all courses.
- You may CLEP a language or any other course in the humanities category that meets the Global Awareness Core Skill to count towards the Humanities Elective.
- Course are listed in the required order that you should take them.
- Many courses have prerequisites requirements that must be fulfilled to be eligible to enroll in the course.
- Community Health Worker certificate is a stepping-stone to Associates degree
Milestone courses are the most important for success in the program, should be taken in the sequence shown, and may require certain grades or other outcomes for your continued progress toward graduation. They may also cover most, or all the six core skills required for graduation.
You are encouraged to use this pathway checklist with an advisor as a worksheet when planning your progress toward a degree or certificate. This checklist is not your academic transcript and it is not official notification of completion of degree or certificate requirements.