YEAR ONE – FALL
|PSY101||Introduction to Psychology||3|
|ENG101||English Composition 1||3|
|SOC101||Introduction to Sociology||3|
YEAR ONE – SPRING
|ENG102||English Composition 2||3|
|PHI101||Introduction to Philosophy||3|
|PSY200||Basic Research Methods for the Behavioral Sciences||3|
|Anatomy and Physiology 1
Introduction to Biology
YEAR TWO – FALL
|HIS121||World Civilizations 1||3|
|LIT271||World Literature 1||3||Fall only|
|SPN111||Elementary Spanish Language and Culture I||3||See advisor to assess your Spanish level|
YEAR TWO – SPRING
|Anatomy and Physiology 2
Introduction to Biology 2
|HIS122||World Civilizations 2||3|
|SPN112||Introductory Spanish 11||3||Spring only—
See advisor to assess your Spanish level
|PSY201||Developmental Psychology 1:
Childhood and Adolescence
- Associates Degree prepares students for transfer to a 4-year institution
- Can be part-time
- Day, evening and on-line classes
- You may need additional math, reading, or writing courses before starting your PSY courses. Take your assessment tests as soon as possible.
- A grade of “C “or better is required in PSY 101 to take more advanced Psychology courses
- You are encouraged to take your MAT and BIO requirements early
- Graduates are encouraged to pursue a Bachelor degree using one of the college’s Transfer Agreements, including the Mass Transfer Pathway Program
- Some courses require prerequisites
- The following courses meet the college 6 core academic skills. ANT 101 Global Awareness, PSY 200 Information Literacy, PSY 206 Public Speaking, PSY 209 Writing, MAT 125 Quantitative Methods, BIO 121 Science and Technology.
Milestone courses are the most important for success in the program, should be taken in the sequence shown, and may require certain grades or other outcomes for your continued progress toward graduation. They may also cover most, or all the six core skills required for graduation.
You are encouraged to use this pathway checklist with an advisor as a worksheet when planning your progress toward a degree or certificate. This checklist is not your academic transcript and it is not official notification of completion of degree or certificate requirements.