PART-TIME PATHWAYS (3 to 5 years) are available for most degrees. To qualify to take college-level classes, some students may be required to take college preparation classes first.
YEAR ONE – FALL
|ENG101||English Composition I||3|
|MUS115||Aural Skills I||1||MUS120*
|*MUS120 is offered Summer|
|MUS121||Music Theory I||3||MUS120*
|and provides material necessary for Theory I and ASI|
|MUS127||Music Technology: Sound||3|
|MUS128||Audio Recording I||3|
YEAR ONE – SPRING
|BUS101||Introduction to Business||3|
|MUS116||Aural Skills II||1||MUS115|
|MUS122||Music Theory II||3||MUS121|
|MUS129||Audio Recording II||3|
|MUS137||Music Technology: Composition||3|
TOTAL CREDITS: 26
- The Music Pathway prepares students to graduate with a Music Technology Certificate and transfer to a bachelor’s degree program in music or create a home studio.
- This Pathway is for students seeking the Music Technology Certificate. Music General Studies has similar initial course requirements.
- Alumni of NECC’s Music program have succeeded as recording technicians, Arts Managers, performing musicians, composers and teachers.
- Internships are encouraged and are available by taking COP110 – Internship Education.
- Asterisks (*) indicate the course is an elective. The course listed is not required but is recommended for the pathway.
- Milestone courses are the most important program courses or are courses that meet the Core Academic Skills requirement for graduation. All six core academic requirements will be met using the Pathway.Core Academic Skill courses include: MUS102: Western Music; MUS112: World Music; MUS224: Music Theory IV
- For advising help, Music students are encouraged to contact program coordinator: Alisa Bucchiere
Office: Room A-123, Bentley Library, basement room
Milestone courses are the most important for success in the program, should be taken in the sequence shown, and may require certain grades or other outcomes for your continued progress toward graduation. They may also cover most, or all the six core skills required for graduation.
You are encouraged to use this pathway checklist with an advisor as a worksheet when planning your progress toward a degree or certificate. This checklist is not your academic transcript and it is not official notification of completion of degree or certificate requirements.