PART-TIME PATHWAYS (3 to 5 years) are available for most degrees. To qualify to take college-level classes, some students may be required to take college preparation classes first.
- Prepares students for transfer to 4-year college/Universities
- Mass Transfer approved for the Massachusetts State Colleges and Universities-see advisor for additional details
- Some program courses offered both days and evenings
- Traditional in classroom courses, Hybrid (both in class and online mix), as well as fully online classes available
- Classes offered on both the Haverhill and Lawrence campuses
- No previous Law Enforcement or Public Safety experience required to enter this program
- All incoming NECC students are required to either take the ACCUPLCER assessment or present some course work that will determine eligibility for enrolling in college credit level classes
- To speed up completion of the degree, students may take the CLEP exam and earn credits (see an Advisor for more information). Foreign language is the most common CLEP completed by students
- Students must follow the recommended sequence in order to complete a degree in a reasonable timeframe.
- Students should also consider taking courses during the summer semester and winter intersession.
- Milestone courses and Core Academic Skills: Are the most important for success in the program, should be taken in the sequence shown, and may require certain grades or other outcomes for your continued progress toward graduation. They also cover the six core skills required for graduation.
Milestone courses are the most important for success in the program, should be taken in the sequence shown, and may require certain grades or other outcomes for your continued progress toward graduation. They may also cover most, or all the six core skills required for graduation.
You are encouraged to use this pathway checklist with an advisor as a worksheet when planning your progress toward a degree or certificate. This checklist is not your academic transcript and it is not official notification of completion of degree or certificate requirements.