PART-TIME PATHWAYS (3 to 5 years) are available for most degrees. To qualify to take college-level classes, some students may be required to take college preparation classes first.
- The Early Childhood Certificate Program prepares students to meet MA state requirements for Director II certification from the MA Department of Early Education and Care (EEC)
- CORI/SORI/CHRI required for participation in all field placement and practicum courses
- Courses are scheduled on the Haverhill campus and on the Lawrence campus
- Online and on campus classes offered
- Day and evening classes available
- Students will need reliable transportation to travel to and from assigned Practicum placement
- Students employed in an early childhood program may be able to complete Practicum requirements at a work-site
- A grade of C or better is required in all ECE courses in order to continue to the next semester sequence of ECE courses
Milestone courses are the most important for success in the program, should be taken in the sequence shown, and may require certain grades or other outcomes for your continued progress toward graduation. They may also cover most, or all the six core skills required for graduation.
You are encouraged to use this pathway checklist with an advisor as a worksheet when planning your progress toward a degree or certificate. This checklist is not your academic transcript and it is not official notification of completion of degree or certificate requirements.