- Choose from one of the following concentrations: Chemical, Civil/Environmental, Electrical/Computer, Mechanical, and Plastics
- Prepares for transfer to a 4-year school
- Mixture of classroom and lab-based learning
- Strong engineering foundation developed in order to compete at four year universities/colleges
- Day and evening courses available
- All concentrations have transfer agreements with University of Massachusetts, Lowell (UML).
- Electrical/Computer concentration transfer agreement with Merrimack College
- Strong collaborating relationship with Northeastern University, Boston
- Students may need additional math, reading, or writing courses prior to starting engineering core courses. It is advised to take assessment tests as soon as possible in order to establish first set of courses.
- Engineering programs are weighted with math. Be prepared to take a math course every semester.
- All of the Concentrations will require those wishing to transfer to UMASS Lowell additional courses at UMASS Lowell while attending NECC through our NECCUM Program-See advisor
- In general, it takes 2-3 years to complete an engineering Associates degree, taking 15-18 credits per semester. Plus, it may require summer or intersession courses.
- Talk to an academic advisor early in the education process.
Milestone courses are the most important for success in the program, should be taken in the sequence shown, and may require certain grades or other outcomes for your continued progress toward graduation. They may also cover most, or all the six core skills required for graduation.
You are encouraged to use this pathway checklist with an advisor as a worksheet when planning your progress toward a degree or certificate. This checklist is not your academic transcript and it is not official notification of completion of degree or certificate requirements.