PART-TIME PATHWAYS (3 to 5 years) are available for most degrees. To qualify to take college-level classes, some students may be required to take college preparation classes first.
- Prepares student for transfer to a four year program in Computer Science
- Can be part-time
- Fall or Spring start
- Online classes available but most required courses only available in person
- Follow sequence if you start in the fall semester so that the prerequisites are completed
- Full support on Haverhill Campus, some but not all courses available in Lawrence
- Internship available (COP 110) in year 2 as elective. Note: not recommended if pursuing UML transfer.
- It is highly recommended that graduates pursue a Bachelor degree using one of our Transfer Agreements.
- Transfer Agreement with UMass Lowell requires specific electives CTE101, CTE103 and Two Lab Sciences.
- Requires MAT251 and MAT252; some students may need additional math courses depending on assessment testing results.
- CIS140 required pre-req for CIS154, CTN110 required pre-req for CIS115.
- CBE(Competency-Based Education) options available for required CIS113 and required pre-req CTN110.
- Online options available for required courses CIS113, CIS115, and required prerequisites CTN110, CIS140.
Milestone courses are the most important for success in the program, should be taken in the sequence shown, and may require certain grades or other outcomes for your continued progress toward graduation. They may also cover most, or all the six core skills required for graduation.
You are encouraged to use this pathway checklist with an advisor as a worksheet when planning your progress toward a degree or certificate. This checklist is not your academic transcript and it is not official notification of completion of degree or certificate requirements.