- Program combines hands on learning in actual machine shops, combined with Manufacturing-specific training courses such as Lean, Quality Management, Six Sigma basics, etc. and traditional academic classes as in English Composition.
- Machining Course(s) – additional information:
- All three Machining courses occur simultaneously.
- Classes are 4 hours per day /night, 4 days / nights per week, for 16 weeks.
- School accessibility determines if classes held day or night.
- Classes are conducted at local Technical High Schools.
- Students earn an OSHA 30 Certificate in EST 140.
- Day and evening classes typically available every semester for non-machining courses.
- Non-machining classes held at Haverhill campus only.
- Learn the skills employers need RIGHT NOW while also earning college credit.
- Degree prepares students for entering and advancing in job market.
- Program is approved for Financial Aid.
- Some high school course work may be eligible to be applied.
- Many credits earned in either the certificate and degree program transfer to various Bachelor Degrees at Mass State Colleges such as UMASS Lowell.
- MAT 140, Manufacturing Safety, MUST be taken prior to any machining courses.
- Manufacturing courses taught by industry professionals.
- Program satisfies all Course Academic Skills requirements.
- Milestone Courses: are those which depict mastery of critical skills needed to progress through the program. They also cover the six core skills required for graduation.
Milestone courses are the most important for success in the program, should be taken in the sequence shown, and may require certain grades or other outcomes for your continued progress toward graduation. They may also cover most, or all the six core skills required for graduation.
You are encouraged to use this pathway checklist with an advisor as a worksheet when planning your progress toward a degree or certificate. This checklist is not your academic transcript and it is not official notification of completion of degree or certificate requirements.