Prepare to Graduate
Before you begin your Graduation Application (PDF) you should conduct your own graduation audit, either by logging into “Self Service” and navigating to “Degree Works” or meeting with your academic advisor or an advisor in the Student Success Hub advising centers in Haverhill or Lawrence.
NECC awards associate degrees in arts and sciences, and certificates to all qualified students at commencement exercises for each class. In order to receive this award, students must meet the following criteria:
- Completion of all required courses in a curriculum with a passing letter grade, or with the minimum letter grade specified for that course
- Completion of a minimum of 24 credit hours of course work at NECC in order to qualify for a degree, and a minimum of 12 credit hours of classroom work to qualify for a certificate, not including CLEP, Credit for Life Learning, Challenge Exams, and Advance Placements credits
- Students must take at least one course designated as intensive in each of NECC’s six core academic skills in order to graduate.
- Attainment of a cumulative quality point average (QPA) of 2.00 or higher
- Completion of the petition for graduation prior to the deadline date as prescribed in the Academic Calendar
- Payment of all financial obligations and the return of all equipment at the college
- Student may be required to re-petition, at a later date if they do not complete appropriate requirements
- Conduct a graduation audit in Self Service and navigate to “Degree Works” and meet with your Academic Advisor to ensure that you meet the Graduation Requirements for your Program of Study.
- Students must complete a Graduation Application (PDF) to be eligible to graduate.
- Students must submit the completed graduation application by:
- March 31 if they are petitioning to graduate for May
- December 15, for those petitioning to graduate for December
- August 15 if petitioning to graduate for August
- Students can submit completed Graduation Application to our secure portal, or send via email to email@example.com.
- Exit Loan Counseling: If you have received a loan at any time while enrolled at the college, you will need to complete exit loan counseling prior to receiving you diploma. To complete exit loan counseling go to studentloans.gov. For assistance call 978-556-3700.
Honors and High Honors are awarded at commencement to all students with a cumulative GPA of:
3.00 – 3.49 Honors (Inclusive) 3.50 – 4.00 High Honors
Honors and High Honors designation on the commencement program and at the commencement ceremony is reflective of the student’s overall GPA upon completion of the fall semester.
Please call 978-556-3974 for accommodations at the commencement ceremony or contact Enrollment Services with questions regarding graduation via email firstname.lastname@example.org before May 8th.Print View