Prepare to Graduate
Before you begin your Graduation Application (PDF) you should conduct your own graduation audit, either by logging into “Self Service” or meeting with your academic advisor or an advisor in the CPAC advising centers in Haverhill or Lawrence.
NECC awards associate degrees in arts and sciences, and certificates to all qualified students at commencement exercises for each class. In order to receive this award, students must meet the following criteria:
- Completion of all required courses in a curriculum with a passing letter grade, or with the minimum letter grade specified for that course
- Completion of a minimum of 24 credit hours of course work at NECC in order to qualify for a degree, and a minimum of 12 credits of classroom work to qualify for a certificate, not including CLEP, Credit for Life Learning, Challenge Exams, and Advance Placements credits
- Starting in the fall of 2014, any student enrolled in an associate degree program who is new to NECC and has no academic history at the college, must take at least one course designated as intensive in each of NECC’s six core academic skills in order to graduate.
- Attainment of a cumulative quality point average (QPA) of 2.00 or higher
- Completion of the petition for graduation prior to the deadline date as prescribed in the Academic Calendar
- Payment of all financial obligations and the return of all equipment at the college
- Student may be required to re-petition, at a later date if they do not complete appropriate requirements
- Conduct a graduation audit in Self Service and meet with your Academic Advisor to ensure that you meet the Graduation Requirements for your Program of Study.
- Students must complete a Graduation Application (PDF) to be eligible to graduate.
- Students must submit the completed graduation application by:
- March 30 if they are petitioning to graduate for May 31st
- December 1st, for those petitioning to graduate for December 31st
- August 15 if petitioning to graduate for August 31st
- Students should submit the completed Graduation Application to Enrollment Services, Welcome/Express Desk in Haverhill or Lawrence.
- Exit Loan Counseling: If you have received a loan at any time while enrolled at the college, you will need to complete exit loan counseling prior to receiving you diploma. To complete exit loan counseling go to studentloans.gov. For assistance call 978-556-3000 or visit us at the Welcome/Express Desk in Haverhill or Lawrence.
Honors and High Honors are awarded at commencement to all students with a cumulative GPA of:
3.00 – 3.49 Honors (Inclusive) 3.50 – 4.00 High Honors
Honors and High Honors designation on the commencement program and at the commencement ceremony is reflective of the student’s overall GPA upon completion of the fall semester.
Please call 978-556-3974 for accommodations at the commencement ceremony or contact Enrollment Services with questions regarding graduation via email firstname.lastname@example.org.Print View