Beginning with the Fall 2020 semester, all students are required to have a laptop or personal computer (PC) that meets the technological requirements for remote learning in their declared major. If a student already has an existing laptop that meets the needs of their program, they are not required to purchase an additional laptop.
Major/Program of Study
Laptop Requirement or Equivalent*
|Engineering Computer Information Science||XPS Dell||$1,672|
|Art and Design||MacBook Pro||$1,699|
|All Other||Dell Inspirion||$ 429|
Laptop Funding Resources for Students
NECC understands the financial impact of purchasing a laptop for online learning. To help alleviate this burden, we have set aside some funding to support students with covering this purchase.
How it works:
- Eligible students will receive a bookstore credit while funding lasts.
- You must be currently registered and degree seeking for the Spring 2021 semester.
- The credit may be used in combination with other resources to purchase the laptop approved for your declared major. There are no substitutions.
- The credit is only valid at the NECC Bookstore and cannot be exchanged for cash or credit toward any other purchase.
- To be considered, complete this application by February 1, 2021.
- Applications will be reviewed in the order in which they are received. Students will be notified via their NECC email by February 12, 2021.
- Students who previously received and used a laptop bookstore credit are not eligible for another bookstore laptop credit.
The College will use the information in your Educational Record and the information you provide to determine eligibility. Applicants do not need to fill out a federal FAFSA or receive financial aid in order to apply for this credit.
Please email email@example.com with questions.
*Please note, the price of the laptop does not include taxes or shipping.
For details on the specifications of each laptop, please see below.
Dell Inspiron 14 5000
14.0-inch FHD (1920 x 1080) Anti-glare LED Backlight Non-touch Narrow Border WVA Display
11th Generation Intel® Core i3-1115G4 Processor (4MB Cache, up to 3.4 GHz)
Windows 10 Home in S mode 64-bit, English
Intel® UHD Graphics with shared graphics memory
128GB M.2 PCIe NVMe Solid State Drive
4GB, 1x4GB, DDR4,3200MHz
Dell Limited Hardware Warranty, 1-Year
XPS 15 7000 Series-7590 210-ASIH – 1 –
9th Generation Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-9750H (12MB Cache, up to 4.5 GHz, 6 cores)
338-BSCZ – 1 –
Windows 10 Pro (64bit) English 619-AHCR – 1 –
NVIDIA(R) GeForce(R) GTX 1650 4GB GDDR5 490-BFFV – 1 –
16GB DDR4-2666MHz, 2x8G 370-AERQ – 1 –
512GB M.2 PCIe NVMe Solid State Drive 400-BFJL – 1 –
Silver 320-BDIK – 1 –
15.6″ FHD (1920 x 1080) InfinityEdge Anti-Glare Non-touch IPS 100%
sRGB 500-Nits display
ProSupport: Next Business Day Onsite, 1 Year 801-0993 – 1 –
ProSupport: Next Business Day Onsite, 2 Year Extended 801-1015 – 1 –
ProSupport: 7×24 Technical Support, 3 Years 801-1064
MacBook Pro has a tenth-generation quad-core Intel processor with Turbo Boost up to 3.8GHz. A brilliant and colorful Retina display with True Tone technology for a more true-to-life viewing experience. A backlit Magic Keyboard and Touch ID. Fast integrated graphics. And the versatile Touch Bar for more ways to be productive. It’s Apple’s most powerful 13-inch notebook. Pushed even further.
- Tenth-generation quad-core Intel Core i5 processor
- Brilliant Retina display with True Tone technology
- Backlit Magic Keyboard
- Touch Bar and Touch ID
- Intel Iris Plus Graphics
- Ultrafast SSD
- Four Thunderbolt 3 (USB-C) ports
- Up to 10 hours of battery life*
- 802.11ac Wi-Fi
- Force Touch trackpad
*If you have questions about your current laptop or the laptop specifications for your program specifically, please contact your program coordinator. You can find the contact information for your program coordinator by logging into Navigate. You should then check the “Resources” icon and under “People”. Your program coordinator will be listed there, or please call 978-556-3700.
Purchasing Your Laptop
Click on this link for step by step instructions on how to purchase your laptop from the NECC Bookstore using the funding approved by the college.Print View