Accessible Media Resources
- Closed Captioning Options
- Professional Development Opportunities
- Specific Software Accessibility Resources
- Popular Organizations
Closed Captioning Options
YouTube Subtitles and closed captions: YouTube provides automated captioning. However, it is highly recommended to check the captioning results for accuracy.
How to Request Closed Captioning
- Refer to the NECC Application Process for Ordering Closed Captioning (PDF)
- Send e-mail request to firstname.lastname@example.org
Professional Development Opportunities
- Intro to WordPress
- Document Uploads
- Document replacement/ Basic Accessibility
- Document Accessibility
- Advanced WordPress: calendar posts
- WordPress Advanced Training: custom workshops page
- Advanced WordPress training in tables and document
- Advanced WordPress training in posts /workshop page
- Acrobat Forms Accessibility Pt 1
Center for Instructional Technology & Online Learning
- iTeach – accessibility module
- Accessibility – self-paced mini-course in Blackboard
- Accessibility Universal Design Online Course
- Web Accessibility MOOC for Online Educators – Portland State
- Micro courses – PDF and Office Accessibility
- Assistive Technologies – Tech Talk and workshops
Blackboard Learn has created a Screen Reader Tutorial to provide users who access the application through a screen reader with information to help them use the system successfully.
To view the tutorial, see the Blackboard Learn Screen Reader Tutorial.
Specific Software Accessibility Resources
Microsoft Windows Accessibility
- Microsoft PowerPoint Accessible Templates
- Microsoft Word Accessible Templates
- Microsoft Excel Accessible Templates
- Acrobat Accessibility Resources
- Flash Player Enhanced Accessibility
- Create and Verify PDF Accessibility (Acrobat Pro) Follow these steps to use Adobe Acrobat to create accessible PDFs, check the accessibility of an existing PDF, and fix accessibility issues in a PDF document.
- Accessibility Features in PDFs Accessibility features in Acrobat, Acrobat Reader, and PDF enable people with disabilities to use PDF documents, with or without screen readers, screen magnifiers, and braille printers.
- Reading Order Tool for PDFs (Acrobat Pro) The Reading Order tool in Adobe Acrobat provides the easiest and quickest way to fix reading order and basic tagging problems.
- Creating Accessible PDFs Concepts, considerations before converting fillable forms, tagged documents and more. Use Adobe Acrobat to tag a PDF. Tagging a PDF file makes significant improvements to the accessibility of the document, providing a mechanism to indicate the reading order and improve navigation, add alternative text for graphics, and enable content reflow for large type display.
- Edit PDFs Using Acrobat DC Learn how to edit text, images, and objects in a PDF or scanned PDF. Also, learn what to do if a PDF is password protected or digitally signed.
- Edit Scanned PDFs
- Facebook: How Does Automatic Alternative Text Work?
- Facebook: How Do I Edit the Alternative Text for a Photo?
- Twitter Accessibility
- Instagram Alternative Text