Registration Information Steps
- Complete the Credit for Prior Learning Application.
- Submit your non-refundable NECC Administration Fee of $40.00. and your $50/per credit fee. There are 2 options to submit your payment: Online or Mail-in.
- Online: Pay your registration fee on our Destiny One online payment system by credit card.
- Mail-in: Mail in a money order, made payable to NECC, to Northern Essex Community College, Academic Placement & Testing Center, 100 Elliott St., Haverhill, MA 01830.
- Once the form and fees are received, you will be contacted to arrange to take the exam.
Challenge Exam Policies
- The Challenge Exam fee is not refundable.
- A minimum of a “C” is required to pass the exam. Your grade will be posted as a “P” for pass. The “P” will not impact your overall Grade Point Average.
- Be advised that Challenge Exam credits may not readily transfer to another academic institution.
- There are syllabus available to help you prepare for the exam. If you do not achieve the required score, your payment is not refundable and you will be required to sit for the course and pay the full tuition and fees.
- Therefore, if you need further preparation you can access free tutorials on the Microsoft Website.
- If you have additional questions regarding test content please contact the the Academic Placement & Testing Center for discussion related to your viability as a Challenge Exam candidate.
- The CIS department will allow a student to retake a CIS challenge exam after a three (3) month wait period.
- IMPORTANT: Data management or a file management-based computer course taken at another accredited institution may satisfy your computer competency requirement. Have an official transcript sent to the Office of the Registrar for evaluation. You must have earned at least a “C” for transfer of credit.