High School Equivalency (HSE), HiSET & GED Test Prep
HSE Math Prep at NECC
Haverhill Campus, Student One-Stop Center, Room SC-215, Thursdays 1:00 to 3:00 PM by appointment only.
Complete the HSE Math Prep Class Registration form
You will be contacted to schedule your HSE Math Prep Class session.
Free HSE Prep Through the Adult Literacy Program at NECC
This program provides basic skill instruction in Language Arts Reading, Writing, Science, Social Studies and Math to prepare adult learners to obtain their high school credential and to succeed in their next steps, whether college, further training, employment, or personal goals. These programs help adult learners develop the skills, knowledge and confidence that will serve them in their roles as family members, parents, community members and employees, as well as with post-secondary education and training.
Additional Information on the FREE HiSET and GED Prep Program
A preparation course for adult learners who want to obtain their high school credential and succeed in their next steps, whether they are college, further training, employment or personal goals.
Pre-High School Equivalency Test and High School Equivalency Test in the following areas:
- Social Studies
- Take a placement test
- Attend an orientation day upon acceptance to the program
- Commit to regularly attend classes on Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, from 6:00-9:00pm.
Marsha Parinussa Flynn, Coordinator
NECC LH Building
420 Common Street
Community Based Adult Education
GED Assessment and Classes (No Cost)
- Adult Literacy Program, Northern Essex Community College, Riverwalk Campus, (978) 659-1279, Marsha Parinussa-Flynn.
- Community Action Haverhill, 3 Washington Sq., 3rd Floor, Haverhill, MA, 01830, (978) 373-1971.
- Adult Learning Center Lawrence, 183 Haverhill St, Lawrence, MA, 01841, (978) 722-8171.
- Adult Learning Center Methuen, 36 Boylston, Methuen, MA, 01844, (978) 681-1347.
Test Preparation or Instruction
Massachusetts does not have any test preparation or instruction requirements to take the HSE exam. However, instruction is encouraged before retesting. To locate classes please contact the Massachusetts Literacy Hotline or call 800-447-8844 or go to ACLS website and click on ABE and ESOL Directory for a list of programs.
NOTE: Test preparation for the HSE Exam is not a guarantee that you will pass the exam(s).
For additional information contact us:
Main High School Equivalency (HSE)
Coordinator, Academic Placement & Testing Center & High School Equivalency (HSE) Chief Examiner